Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Changing up the rhythm

i wait in the cool sheets
wearing nothing but desire
thinking of you, tonight,
dreaming of your sex, it's on fire

my eyes are closed and yet
i see your strong hand, sweetly
reaching for me,
so instead of sitting, idly burning,
i pray for you to call me

i'm all curled up in my bed,
wishing that love was here with me
oh but it's just a few minutes past noon
so i'll just close my eyes and dream

waiting for the night


So you're laying in bed and this song comes on. I'm not sure if I've never heard it before, or just never really listened, before. Today I really heard it. I had to listen again. And then again. I know the drill when I become obsessed with these things: First swim in it, then let it drown you. Finally, lose yourself in it. That's the whole falling in love with it, thing. Falling.

 The song, well I played it several times because it connected with things I have seen and felt, so it was most welcomed. That perfect bliss where understanding of something whether it's a speck of dust or that your orbit has reversed its spin, or maybe- that another soul knows what yours knows. 

That's what art does- it helps you to recognize, accept, embrace or rise above- whatever you are carrying. It just takes life's scariness and pain, and wraps it in an intriguing package that we revel in opening. In a world of confusion we need the common threads to tie us to our cores and to open us so that we can feel, see and be without fear or self loathing. Belly to belly, the epicenters of our truth sensors are meant to connect.You're making my belly tumble. It's good to be heard.

Please sit back, let go of your thoughts and enjoy this dream, too...

You know that I could use somebody...someone like you.  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment