Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Did you get your wish?

Hold my heart tonight
keep it safe from all the sounds
of loneliness and fear
and of things I cannot dream

Hold me close tonight
be the soothing balm that
heals me be the easy slip that
frees me... from me
                                       
Hold my heart tonight
reach your strong hand out toward mine
sit beside me in the dimming light
be my brightness, be my guide

Please, won't you hold my heart tonight
be the candle in my darkness
be the strength, the light and kindness
beating through your heart to mine


One of these days, I will get the one thing I still wish for. I guess sometimes as we eek our way toward love the lessons about what love isn't, are just as valuable, as they take our hand and turn us around. We're all just here, walking each other home... thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment