Reaching out beyond the dream of what you thought was real, spinning on this ball of life, head now under heel. Ready to die, to live this life so raw, alive on ledge- dancing, hurling, freeing your soul to finally stretch the edge.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Falling from the bluff



you called it love
I call it lies

it doesn't take
the wisest eyes

to see the venom
from your touch,
your laugh, your kiss
your rehearsed touch

a pile of rocks
they’ll all fall down

when love comes and
calls your bluff
enough

move on, move forward
go find your peace
your inner longing
trumps my needs

my shoes are not the ones you like
the best I have- just not your kind

I climbed, I stumbled,
I craved your smile
you wouldn’t walk
my heart’s long mile

I hoped and dreamed
of our life ahead
as I slept on your futon
now she sleeps in your bed

love called your bluff
the rocks all tumbled

enough

It wasn't love that you wanted... you just needed a fix

No comments:

Post a Comment